Chester Bach Singers are dedicated to supporting the education of young musicians through joint concerts with local schools and colleges, as well as by encouraging them to join the choir through the ‘Young Singer’ scheme.
The Young Singer scheme is open to young people between the ages of 15 and 22 who wish to join Chester Bach Singers. Up to four young people can benefit from the scheme each year.
Young singers receive:
- A chance to sing with one of the best chamber choirs in the North West of England
- The opportunity to be coached by the Director of Choirs at Chetham’s School of Music
- Free hire copies of all music for the season
- Transport with choir members to and from rehearsals and concerts, where this can be arranged
- Help to find suitable concert dress, if necessary
- Heavily subsidised membership fees (£20 per year, although these fees may be waived in exceptional circumstances)
Previous Young Singers have gone on to study at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, the Royal Academy of Music and Birmingham Conservatoire, as well as becoming professional singers. Two graduates of our scheme – Jeanie Larkin (soprano) and Jonathan Cooke (tenor) – have recently appeared as soloists with the choir in their performance of Bells! in Chester and at the Ribchester Festival.
For more information please phone Ann McCarthy on 01244 375606.